Ranch Details - Horse Creek Ranch
Horse Creek Ranch
- Approximately 1,677.47 acres
A great deal of the ranch is level to gently sloping to the Southeast. Much of the land is made up of big flats that go off to the sides of Black Creek and Horse Creek. These two major creeks cross the property, as do some other much smaller creeks and �draws.� There is some guajillo ridge country in certain areas of the ranch, but these do not make up a major portion of the ranch.
- Frio County, Texas
- The property is located along the East side of FM Highway 2779 about 9 miles Northeast of Pearsall, Texas. The property has approximately 2 miles of frontage long FM Highway 2779.
- The Horse Creek Ranch has a very tasteful ranch home that has been remodeled and restored and is in very good shape. The home has 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths and an enclosed porch that can be utilized for sleeping. In addition, there is a bunkhouse with one large bedroom and kitchen/dining area. The ranch sells with appliances as well as a walk-in cooler. The yard and the paved road approach to the headquarters is beautiful. The property is fenced into 5 pastures. There is a set of cattle pens and a barn.
- The owner owns 5/14 of the minerals and 5/28 of the royalty. He wishes to sell � of what he owns. The entire property is held by production under a 1/8 royalty oil and gas lease. This lease was entered into 10/6/52 and calls for a 1/8 royalty. The owner therefore currently owns a 2.232% royalty interest. In April 2007, his income from the 7 producing gas wells was $544.85. A 15.97 acre portion of this 1,677.47 acre ranch is leased to Virtex Petroleum Co. for use as a Gas Compression Station. This tract is separately fences and abuts Highway 2779. In summary, the seller will sell 5/28 of the minerals and 5/56th of the royalty. This will produce a conveyable 1.116% royalty interest under the existing lease.
- There are seven tanks on the property. Also Black Creek and Horse Creek provide two permanent holes of water and there are many sloughs that hold water for extended periods. Additionally, there is one Queen City Well equipped with a 5 horsepower submersible pump. This well can produce approximately 50 gallons per minute. There are additionally two other shallow water wells with small submersible pumps as well located at the headquarters and the hunters camp.
- The Horse Creek Ranch provides excellent habitat for deer, doves, hogs, and quail. The property is currently enrolled in Managed Land Deer Permit (MLDP) Level 3. In the last 5 years, the owner has really worked hard on a management plan. Only one trophy buck was harvested. No leasing of any kind has taken place since the 2001/2002 season. As of 2006/2007, records show a doe/buck ratio of 1.31. The ranch is low fenced. One large neighbor allows no hunting of any kind. The ranch will provide the new owner a deer herd that is mature and well balanced between bucks and does. The owner harvested a very nice 160 buck and more are out there right now! Fishing in some of the lakes is good with 4 to 5 pound bass currently available.
- Owner will provide a 2000 Survey.
Seller will pay for Owner Policy of Title Insurance.
- $4,445,000 cash.
- The proposed taxes on the ranch for 2007 will be $6,235.00
The Horse Creek Ranch is presented by Steve C. Lewis Ranch Real Estate and Busbee Ranch Sales, Jeff Boswell Agent.
The information herein presented was obtained from sources deemed reliable, however, the Broker assumes no liability for correctness thereof and the property is offered for sale subject to correctness, changes, prior sale or withdrawal, and ascertaining of facts by the Buyer.