Ranch Details - Southern Cross Ranch
Southern Cross Ranch
- Approximately 2,827.48 acres
This beautiful South Texas Ranch fronts on Goldfinch Road (CR 3300) and CR 3314 in Frio County, Texas approximately 8 miles ESE of Pearsall, Texas
- Frio County
- Goldfinch Road (CR 3300) and CR 3314 in Frio County, Texas
- Main Home – 3 bedroom/2.5 bath. Beautiful with incredible views
Second home – 2 bedrooms/1 bath
Palm Harbor double wide manufactured home
Barn with apartment
Parking and equipment sheds
Hunting lodge – 4 bedroom/5 bath, large bunk room with commercial kitchen, living room, dining area, and 3 casitas and bath house in a nicely landscaped area
- This is a surface only transaction. The property is leased. The current oil and gas lease has surface use protection provisions that
are available for a buyer to review.
- Heavy brush mixed with natural mott country makes this sandy loam ranch an exceptional trophy whitetail deer ranch.
- There is one tank of approximately 1.5 acres when full. There are 16 other smaller ponds. All 16 of the ponds have piped PVC water to them. Carrizo water is also piped to the main house.
The Carrizo Water Well #1 is equipped with a 50 horsepower, 3 phase pump. It supplies water to all the tanks and the main house. The Carrizo Water Sand is located between 1370 – 1860 feet. The 50 horsepower pump is set at approximately 554 feet. This pump is rated to produce 300 gallons per minute.
Carrizo Water Well #2 is equipped with a small pump and supplies a small pond.
Additionally, there is one windmill in operation. Two windmills are inoperable. 1 more shallow well at Hill House.
A shallow water well, known as the “Hobb Well” is located near the hunting camp area. It is good quality water as well and supplies the lodge and foreman’s house. This Hobb Well comes from Sparta Sand and has exceptional water quality.
The property is located in the Evergreen Water District.
- The owner believes he has approximately 333 adult deer with 1.52 Bucks for every Doe. The property is game fenced. The deer have been seasonally fed free choice protein feed for many years. There are approximately 22 protein feeder locations. Many protein feeders have 2 protein feeders. There are 36 protein feeders and 28 corn feeders.
21 regular blinds and 12 bow blinds.
The owner’s family has killed deer scoring 202, 195, 182, 170, 164, and 163 Boone and Crockett since he bought the Ranch in 2003. Trophy hunters in the last three years have killed a 204, 170, 159, 184, 169, 164, 164, 170, 173, 195, and 176.
Some very nice mott country allows for great quail hunting with dogs.
Great dove hunting as well. Turkeys abound.
- Steve C. Lewis acted as Seller’s Broker in the sale of the Southern Cross Ranch in Frio County, Texas.
The information herein presented was obtained from sources deemed reliable, however, the Broker assumes no liability for correctness thereof and the property is offered for sale subject to correctness, changes, prior sale or withdrawal, and ascertaining of facts by the Buyer.